Each year, nearly 40,000 people lose their lives on U.S. roads. The Road Safety Academy aims to reduce this death toll by offering a diverse range of training and education options.
With your contribution and support, the Road Safety Academy will be able to continue its mission to help address a growing need for education and training in the field of transportation safety. Examples of our work include:
- Helping young parents and caregivers select the safest car seat for their child using Buckle Up to Grow Up, a free, Web-based course on child restraint selection.
- Assisting communities to make positive changes in their neighborhood's walking environment using the free, Web-based course Taking Action to Make Your Neighborhood Safe and Walkable.
- Educating transportation professionals on the proper installation of Accessible Pedestrian Signals to significantly improve mobility for the millions of disabled Americans.
How do I donate?
There are a couple of ways you can donate to the Road Safety Academy:
- Use our secure online donation form.
- Send us a check. Please make your check payable to "UNC Highway Safety Research Center" and mail your check to:
UNC Highway Safety Research Center
Attn: RSA Program Manager
730 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. CB 3430
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3430
Are my donations tax-deductible?
Yes. UNC-Chapel Hill is a 501(c)(3) institution, and your gift is tax-deductible within the limitations of U.S. federal income tax laws. Our tax identification number is 56-600-1393. You will receive a receipt in the mail.
Are you looking for partnership opportunities?
Yes. We are always looking for great opportunities to partner in our efforts to support road safety. Whether you have an in-kind contribution or simply an idea for a new training, please contact Dan Gelinne, RSA Program Manager, at 919-962-8703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.